Sunday, January 21, 2007

Errors syncing SharePoint 2007 lists with Outlook 2007

I used to get a very frequent error whenever I got my document library offline to
Outlook 2007.
Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x8000FFFF) : 'An error occurred either in
Outlook or SharePoint. Contact the SharePoint site administrator.'
or
'Outlook cannot connect to Windows Sharpoint Services site.'
If anyone is facing similar error, try doing NET STOP SENS at the command prompt.
This stops the System Event Notification Service.
After stopping this service, all connections to offline calendars, document libraries
started working fine.
Although I am yet to determine the reason for this :)

4 comments:

Jakub said...

Hello
I've the same problem with Outlook 2007 - Sharepoint Server 3.0 synchronization. I've tried Your method to fix the prolem, but it didn't work. Is there any other way do do this?? (we are able to connect to Sharepoint only by SSL)

PHE said...

I am getting the same error when I try to sync my tasks from Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 with Outlook 2003.

Any additional insight into this?

Thanks!

Alexis said...

In my Outlook Express there are a lot of features,and once I used one of them and after that some mails were corrupted.I didn't know what to do.But in this situation me helped-can t see messages in outlook express,it recovered all data and executed this function for free.

Alex said...

My friend told me about his problem.His mails were corrupted and I he used-how to view .ost files.Software solved his problems in seconds,moreover it made it free of charge.Program demonstrated me how convert *.ost files to *.pst files, that can be easily opened by any email client.